Re: Dotless J with stroke.

From: John Hudson (john@tiro.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2007 - 19:05:41 CST

    Marion Gunn wrote:

    > As a subscriber member of the International Phonetic Association for
    > many years, I have to agree with the above, which strengthens the reason
    > for registering IPA as the unique script it is.

    I agree that there should be a mechanism to identify and isolate IPA usage so that one
    can, for instance, apply appropriate typographic conventions, but 'script' isn't
    necessarily the best level to do this. In OpenType, a 'language system' tag seems to me an
    appropriate level, allowing IPA-specific glyph substitution within <latn> script processing.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Gulf Islands, BC      tiro@tiro.com