Re: CLDR Usage of Gregorian Calendar Era Terms: BC and AD -- Can we please have "CE" and "BCE" ?

From: Ed Trager (ed.trager@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 19 2007 - 20:20:05 CST

    I forgot to add that the default should be CE/BCE precisely because it
    is religiously neutral as the religioustolerance.org article points
    out.

    AD/BC may still enjoy greater usage since in the end users are free to
    do whatever they want with CLDR, but if CE/BCE became the default, at
    least no one could accuse CLDR of having a hidden agenda or Western
    imperialist tendancy ...

    - Ed Trager