Re: [OT] Re: CLDR Usage of Gregorian Calendar Era Terms: BC and AD -- Can we please have "CE" and "BCE" ?

From: John Hudson (john@tiro.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2007 - 02:49:01 CST

    James Kass wrote:

    > Just to keep the record straight, John Hudson's comments about
    > Satanism and so forth were not directed at me and do not reflect
    > my viewpoint.

    Indeed not! It didn't cross my mind that anyone might misinterpret them as such. I was
    seized by the potential for parody in the collision between the philosophical stance of
    the Religious Tolerance website (which lists Satanism among 'well-established new
    religious movements ... unjustly targeted' by anti-cult movements and 'oppressive
    governments') and the phenomena of Nazi neopaganism and its Satanist admirers (as
    characterised by phrases taken from a Satanist website).

    > It occurred to me that dissing psychics wasn't very tolerant...

    I didn't diss psychics. I diss'd their product and their marketing.

    I believe tolerance is about how we treat people, not how we treat ideas.

    JH

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Gulf Islands, BC      tiro@tiro.com