Re: Unicode Transliteration Guidelines released

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@icu-project.org)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2008 - 14:47:47 CST

    Ah. I think you may have misunderstood. You made a reply on a bug. That
    doesn't mean that your reply was accepted by the committee. The committee
    doesn't reply to all replies. There is also a note on the bug that:

    "Need concrete proposal. In Confirm until we get proposal."

    That means that the committee has the bug in the "Confirm" category, meaning
    that it needs confirmation or further work before it can be fully accepted.
    Until the committee decides on a concrete proposal the bug will not have any
    effect.

    If you want more specific clarification on what you proposed, you can file
    your reply as a separate bug.

    Note that identifiers are already in the form "source-target/variant", with
    either locales or English names as the source and target, and the bug was
    not going to change that. The #1 case in the bug was to always have the
    internal forms use locale IDs as source and target, instead of using English
    names, for ease of translation of the identifiers. #2 was to investigate an
    optional alternate placement of the variant.

    Mark

    --
    Mark