Re: transliteration

From: William J Poser (wjposer@ldc.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 19:42:02 CST

    Regarding the suggestion to use HTML numeric character references
    or notation like \unnnn for processing by ascii-only software,
    for some purposes this is fine, but it is hard to work with if
    a human being needs to inspect it. In that case, a transliteration
    is much easier to use.

    Oh, and for the record, I was not one of the people who used
    modified forms of the Unicode character names as an ascii
    transliteration of Unicode. I didn't like this at all when I
    had to read some things in this format. But de gustibus non
    est disputandum...

    Bill