Re: Ligatures For Indic languages

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 01:04:16 CDT

    Manik Mahajan said on Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:03:05AM +0530,:

    > A+B+C = D
    >
    > if D in Unicode we can send D else we need to send A+B+C which will be
    > decoded at receiver to ,say E which represents the glyph D in its
    > Proprietary range .

    This is a FAQ. Please look and http://www.unicode.org/faq/indic.html
    and also at the devanagari section of
    ttp://www.unicode.org/standard/where/ and the section on South Asian
    Scripts of the Unicode Standards. It is in chapter 9, and the file
    will be named ch09.pdf

    (Can somebody please provide the link to current version here, and
    also update the "where is my character" page with the link to current
    standards?)

    Some info may also be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode.

    > ************* Email Confidentiality Notice ********************
    > The information contained in this e-mail message (including any
    > attachments) may be confidential, proprietary, privileged, or
    > otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. It is

    Why are you posting confidential information in a public mailing list?

    --
     Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
    TRUTH,  n.   An   ingenious  compound  of  desirability  and