Re: Last resort font

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 11:52:47 CDT

    Le Jun 12, 2008 à 9:15 AM, Jonathan Pool a écrit :

    >> From: "John H. Jenkins" <jenkins@apple.com>
    >> Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:42:19 -0700
    >> Subject: Re: Last resort font
    >>
    >> Um, Mac OS X already comes with the Last Resort font. Why would you
    >> want to install it? (I would assume that the system sees that it
    >> conflicts
    >> with the installed LR font and ignores it.)
    >
    > Not exactly. LastResort.dfont (2.4 MB) is in System/Library/Fonts
    > (under
    > Leopard).
    >
    > But I was able to put LastResort.ttf (5.1 MB) into Library/Fonts.
    >
    > Before I added LastResort.ttf, some Sindhi characters were displayed
    > only as
    > unknown-character icons.
    >
    > After I added LastResort.ttf, the same Sindhi characters are
    > represented with
    > their LastResort substitutes.
    >
    > (Apple's Font Book doesn't recognize either of these fonts.)

    As I say, Apple doesn't intend for anyone other than the system to use
    the LR font, which is why Font Book doesn't show it. If you could let
    me know what Sindhi characters change appearance, I can investigate
    that; it's a bug with one version of the font or the other.

    =====
    John H. Jenkins
    jenkins@apple.com