Last resort font

From: Jonathan Pool (pool@utilika.org)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 11:15:00 CDT

    > From: "John H. Jenkins" <jenkins@apple.com>
    > Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:42:19 -0700
    > Subject: Re: Last resort font
    >
    > Um, Mac OS X already comes with the Last Resort font. Why would you
    > want to install it? (I would assume that the system sees that it conflicts
    > with the installed LR font and ignores it.)

    Not exactly. LastResort.dfont (2.4 MB) is in System/Library/Fonts (under
    Leopard).

    But I was able to put LastResort.ttf (5.1 MB) into Library/Fonts.

    Before I added LastResort.ttf, some Sindhi characters were displayed only as
    unknown-character icons.

    After I added LastResort.ttf, the same Sindhi characters are represented with
    their LastResort substitutes.

    (Apple's Font Book doesn't recognize either of these fonts.)