Re: Last resort font

From: Behnam (behnam.rassi@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 19:40:52 CDT

    Sorry my mistake. It must have been another font then that does this
    'back-up' operation. Nonetheless, if the intention is to provide a
    legible text (which is not the case with last resort) the specific
    problem with Arabic script regarding this kind of operations remains.
    I guess I now know what font is being discussed here. It never shows
    up in practical use for Arabic script. Only when I dig into Arabic
    Presentation Forms A and B, which are never encoded in Arabic script
    anyway (and shouldn't be). SIL fonts that I mentioned by the way,
    don't cover those presentation forms either.
    Yes I think Last Resort is a quick way to realize what is missing.
    And it doesn't require expertise by the user. The rest is up to the
    user. I just didn't know that those square signs that I occasionally
    see were actually coming from Last Resort!

    Behnam