Re: Unicode & ICANN Part 5

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Mon Sep 01 2008 - 11:17:04 CDT

    linuxa linux <linuxalinux at yahoo dot co dot uk> wrote:

    > I would like users and viewers the option not to use the k and K
    > shaped letters of the english/european languages for their
    > english/european language usages and instead use another alphabet,
    > lower and upper case क.

    By "alphabet" it seems you mean "letter." The collection of symbols A,
    B, C... is called an "alphabet." Each symbol is called a "letter."

    If you want people to use a different shape for the letter K because the
    existing shape means something bad in Hindi culture, go ahead and
    publish your fonts and embark on your crusade to re-educate the world.
    (Be patient; this type of change normally takes hundreds of years.)
    Your issue is with the shape of the glyph. It is not a Unicode problem,
    and it is not an ASCII problem.

    http://www.ewellic.org