Re: apostrophe plus acute accent (side by side, as a single diacritic placed above C and G)

From: Benjamin M Scarborough (benjamin.scarborough@student.utdallas.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2008 - 14:42:48 CST

    Simon Montagu wrote:

    > Emanuele Saiu wrote:
    > >
    > > Apostrophe + acute accent ('´). It isn't codified in Unicode as a
    > > diacritic, is it?
    > > It is similar to the double acute accent of Hungarian ő ű, but the
    > > first mark should be an apostrophe (or Greek smooth breathing), not
    an
    > > acute.
    >
    > U+1FCE?

    U+1FCE isn't a combining mark.

    Based on Greek, I would think that <c, U+0313, U+0301> or <g, U+0313,
    U+0301> would give you the diacritic you want, but I haven't heard of
    any side-by-side diacritic positioning rules described for Latin, so it
    may render as an acute _above_ a comma, and I'm sure that isn't what
    you're looking for.

    --Ben Scarborough