Re: Fw: First post and question about Bassa Script

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Fri Nov 07 2008 - 02:28:36 CST

    Quoting "António MARTINS-Tuválkin" <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt>:

    > This is a forwarded message, surely intended to the mailing list:
    >
    >> From: Ben J. Bloomgren <ben.j.bloomgren@gmail.com>
    >> To: António MARTINS-Tuválkin <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt>
    >> Date: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 1:31:10 PM
    >> Subject: First post and question about Bassa Script
    >
    > ===8<==============Original message text===============
    > Hello all,
    >
    > This is my first post to this list, and I had a question:
    >
    > Is the Bassa Vah script at all in Unicode? If so, how are the tones
    > indicated being that they are marked inside a given vowel grapheme.
    > I'm not a technical person, so I'm just curious.

    It would appear not Micheal (Everson) did produce something about this
    see http://www.evertype.com/standards/iso10646/pdf/bassa.pdf .

    Technically it is not too difficult to produce a font to do this.

    Some others might have a better idea why this has not progress any
    further so far.

    Regards
    John Knightley