re: wrong ccc for 0602?

From: verdy_p (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2008 - 04:29:28 CST

    "Arno Schmitt" wrote:
    > The Arabic footnote marker 0602 is in the canonical combining class 0
    >
    > I have taken some pictures from a proposal by Dr. Attash Durrani on Nuqta Chars that
    > show the traditional way of using the marker.
    > In the text the marks are used as belonging to ccc 230, on the bottom like belonging to ccc 0.
    >
    > Is it okay as it is, or do we have to encode a additional "Arabic high footnote marker"?

    What ever it is, the existing ccc can't be changed (for stability of canonicalization). Such layout has to be
    handled specifically in fonts or with higher-level text formatting. However, you may argue that this specific
    marker is different and could be encoded differently, for the traditional use of the marker.