Re: HKSCS supplementary examples

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2008 - 13:48:40 CST

On Dec 3, 2008, at 12:30 AM, tex wrote:

> I presume the Cantonese character means "lift".

It does. It also is one of the few instances of a traditional form
which was encoded *after* its simplified counterpart.

> The statistics from the Wikipedia are also very helpful, thanks.
> I would certainly welcome more examples, to further make the case,
> and to have as good examples for test data.
> But I don't want to create unnecessary work for you.

I'll see what I can do.

> I am very frequently asked about the need for support for
> supplementary characters, and replying (for years) that they are
> needed. It is very helpful to have these real world examples to show
> people.I might create a web page so others have this info as well.

What, you mean that Deseret and Shavian aren't in themselves enough to
prove the need for supplementary plane support? :-)

=====
John H. Jenkins
jenkins@apple.com