LRE and numbers

From: Itai Bar-Haim (itaibh@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2009 - 04:14:28 CST

    Hi everyone.

    I have a problem with a specific case (small letters - Hebrew, large letters
    - L - LRE, P - PDF):

    ivrit L1 2 3P bdika

    I expected the result to be:

    akidb 1 2 3 tirvi

    but the actual result I get when running the algorithm is:

    akidb 3 2 1 tirvi

    The problem I could see was in the embedding levels:

    1111112434341111111
    ivrit L1 2 3P bdika

    the 4 and 3 zigzag caused the following (lowering the embedding level
    number of each run for the example):

    1111112333331111111
    ivrit L*1* *2* *3*P bdika

    1111112222221111111
    ivrit L*3 2 1*P bdika

    1111111111111111111
    ivrit *1 2 3L*P bdika

    0000000000000000000
    *akidb PL3 2 1 tirvi*

    removing the invisible LRE and PDF:
    akidb 3 2 1 tirvi

    I think there is something wrong with the initial setting of embedding
    levels in for spaces between the numbers. Am I missing anything here?

    Itai.