RE: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Ruszlan Gaszanov (ruszlan@ather.net)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2009 - 06:53:31 CST

    Michael D'Errico wrote:

    >Video clips and digitized sound files probably would not encode well;

    Unless we assign a codepoint to every conceivable video frame and audio sample ;) I'm not sure we have quite that much codespace, though.

    But, in fact, it is technically possible encode in Unicode elements necessary for constructing MIDI sequences. Not that I'm seriously suggestion that - just demonstrating that the fact that certain implementation is technically possible does not necessarily make it a good idea.

    Ruszlán