RE: Emoji: emoticons vs. literacy

From: Peter Constable (petercon@microsoft.com)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2009 - 13:58:12 CST

    From: unicode-bounce@unicode.org [mailto:unicode-bounce@unicode.org] On Behalf Of vunzndi@vfemail.net

    > I am certain it would be almost impossible to find a person who was
    > from a country not included in the 10 "flags/localisation symbols" who
    > would agree the 10 are sufficient.

    Well, I have not gone to see which countries are included in the ten and found that my country (Canada) is not included, nor are two other countries in which I have at some time resided (Thailand and Mexico). Nonetheless, I see no need to encode additional flags in the UCS.

    So, your certainly is clearly not well founded.

    Peter