Re: Klingon anti-virus

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Thu May 21 2009 - 14:26:05 CDT

    On 21 May 2009, at 19:53, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:

    > If the Consortium is adamant on adding the emoji stuff to the
    > standard, I honestly cannot see why something like Klingon, which
    > actually has speakers,
    > could not be encoded.

    People (me included, with my iPhone) actually exchange data with the
    "emoji" characters.

    Klingonists use the Latin alphabet. And they haven't even worked out a
    decent way to deal with data exchange, since <q> and <Q> are different
    letters in the Latin alphabet for Klingon. Klingon definitely needs a
    spelling reform.