Re: Another translation posted

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 13:22:10 CDT

    "There's also the issue that some foreign terms may not have a single
    settled form of usage for an extended period"

    That seems to be exactly the case in the debated issue.

    Actually, a representative survey among IT pros (i.e. the actual user
    community of the word; Unicode *is* a terminus technicus) could bring
    clarification for that, but the supposed benefit of this endavour is
    by no means in relation with the ressources needed to conduct it. It
    could be of interest for a small university project, maybe students
    could do this as an assignment or thesis. Though I've got the
    impression, that they tend to prefer small, non-representative samples
    :-)

    --
    Szelp, André Szabolcs
    +43 (650) 79 22 400