Re: Is Windows 7 Notepad broken?

From: Christopher Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Jun 22 2009 - 22:38:44 CDT

    Are Phoenician and Egyptian Heiroglyphs supposed to be supported scripts
    on Windows 7? The list of supported scripts and languages in Windows
    generally lags considerably behind the current Unicode version. Why do
    you expect it to work for characters from an *upcoming* version.

    Notepad has code so that text in different scripts is gets displayed in
    the default / system font for that script. If there is no default font
    for that script what does it use?

    - Chris