Re: Is Windows 7 Notepad broken?

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 03:25:38 CDT

    2009/6/22 Ed Trager <ed.trager@gmail.com>

    > I think Notepad would be about my last choice for doing any kind of
    > serious work with Unicode ...

    On the contrary, Notepad would be my first choice for testing Unicode
    support on Windows 7 -- if it is broken in Notepad there is a good
    chance that it will be broken elsewhere. I don't know why you think
    that Notepad is not suitable for serious work with Unicode -- in my
    experience it has the most reliable Unicode support of any Micrososft
    product, and is usually a better choice than (for example) Word if the
    Unicode text you are working is fully covered by a single font.

    Andrew