Re: Current software support for NBSP + combining marks

From: Shriramana Sharma (samjnaa@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 08 2009 - 01:02:08 CDT

    On 2009-Sep-07 22:02, Andreas Prilop wrote:
    > Try some (non-Indic) combining marks at
    > http://freenet-homepage.de/prilop/combining-marks.html

    European combining marks can be displayed even without the NBSP. I juts
    tested this. Indic combining marks without a base character that the
    rendering engine (rightly or wrongly) expects are rendered with a dotted
    circle to indicate the base character. I thought that my software will
    support at least the Unicode-prescribed usage of NBSP as a base
    character, but they don't... :(

    --
    Shriramana Sharma