Re: Medievalist ligature character in the PUA

From: Mark Davis ☕ (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 10:32:51 CST

    Because the OS can't depend on the fonts being set up correctly, probably
    the best solution is.

       - *Show Hidden Mode off:* suppress the drawing of individual glyphs for
       default ignorables (after, of course, the processing wherein those
       characters may produce effects on the rest of the text).
       - *Show Hidden Mode on:* replace the glyphs for those characters by those
       drawn from a special font, or by other drawn effects.

    That way the proper visual results of the SHM are not dependent on font
    oddities.

    Mark