Re: Tifinagh - extension for complete common Berber alphabet isomorphic with Latin

From: Hans Aberg (haberg@math.su.se)
Date: Tue Feb 16 2010 - 14:23:40 CST

    On 16 Feb 2010, at 15:54, Doug Ewell wrote:

    >> You snipped the proper context of my reply:

    >>> There were a plethora of math characters:
    >
    > Fair enough. Do you feel there is an analogy between the math
    > compatibility alphabets and the proposed new Tifinagh letters?

    I just noted that characters have been added on the principle on
    planned future common use.

    As for the experimental characters, my guess you might do the same if
    they get some such status. It's a bit hen and egg problem: you don't
    add them because nobody uses them, and they are not used because they
    are not added.

       Hans