Re: Tifinagh - extension for complete common Berber alphabet isomorphic with Latin

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 08:22:44 CST

    > I've fished an example off the bookshelf - some Tuareg poetry from
    > Niger, and scanned part of a poem. The two missing letters are circled
    > in red. There is a long vowel 'e' and a long vowel 'o', both with and
    > without stress/lengthening diacritic. I have more similar books.
    > There's a newspaper too, but Agadez has unfortunately been a little
    > too hairy for me to go and get a copy.

    So these Tifinagh letters already exist in independent printed material,
    but aren't in Unicode? Then they should be added. This has nothing to
    do with changing the model for representing "Berber Academy" letters in
    Unicode.

    --
    Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­