Re: Numerals across code pages

From: vainateya (vainateya@cdac.in)
Date: Sun Feb 21 2010 - 22:03:17 CST

    I do agree that dates formats need to be handled at program level even for
    english.
    But it does seem an overhead to have number mapper for all programming
    environments for all numerals under unicode.
    including number crunching applications like databases or spreadsheets.

    Instead a 'xyz-compliant' or setting in such environments / applications
    will go a long way in reducing burden on the developers for all scripts not
    just indic.

    regards,
    Mr. Vainateya Koratkar