Re: Arabic aleph representation of glyphs

From: Julian Bradfield (jcb+unicode@inf.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2010 - 06:36:42 CST

    On 2010-03-07, Raymond Mercier <rm459@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
    > Now that really won't do ! Whatever typeface is used, and whatever browser I
    > try, the medial forms on this page fail to display. If anyone does see these
    > correctly I would be delighted if they would post an image to show that for
    > them at least the medials display correctly.

    When I look at the page, using Firefox 3 on OpenSuse 11, I see
    letterforms that appear to match those in the table in Daniels and
    Bright.
    The font's awful (I've made no attempt to install any specific Arabic
    support, as I don't read Arabic), but the shapes appear to be correct.

    Screenshot at http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/jcb/a.gif
    tell me if I'm wrong!

    Scotland, with registration number SC005336.