RE: Arabic aleph representation of glyphs

From: CE Whitehead (cewcathar@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 16:38:37 CST

    Hi.
    One more question regarding tanween-al-fatah:
    My hunch is that in Windows 1256 you can type in the diacritic tanween al fatah before or after the aleph and in both cases it will display fine
    (someone let me know; I was in the Arab world 1996-97 but only typed in English while there; we had something like Windows 95 and Word 6.0 I think--
    and so I don't even know if Windows 1256 was around);
    (If anyone knows how the typing order versus display of tanween-al-fatah worked on memory writers please let me know too--I've some knowledge of a manual Arabic typewriter.)

    Best,

    C. E. Whitehead
    cewcathar@hotmail.com