Nonspacing marks and the no-break space

From: Andreas Prilop (prilop4321@trashmail.net)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 09:49:26 CDT

    Sections 2.11 and 7.9 of the Unicode Standard state that
    nonspacing combining marks shall be combined with the
    no-break space U+00A0 in order to show them in isolation.

    Internet Explorer 7 did so for HTML documents.

    It seems to me that Internet Explorer 8 does not combine
    the no-break space with at least Arabic nonspacing marks.
    The following two lines should have the same length:

    Ç ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú ú úÇ
    Ç                    Ç

    If I'm not mistaken you can check this with a webbrowser at
    http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2010-m04/0063.html

    Can you confirm this behaviour and perhaps give an explanation?

    --
    From the New World:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=ISO-8859-2&q=Dvofi%E1k