Re: CJK Ideograph Fragments

From: John H. Jenkins (jenkins@apple.com)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2010 - 14:36:53 CDT

    No. You could certainly write up a proposal and submit it to the UTC. Should the UTC feel the idea has merit, it would then move it on to WG2 and/or the IRG.

    The main problem here is that there is a very strong desire to limit ideograph encoding to attested and documentable forms. Anything which does not exist in actual texts is not likely to be well-regarded. Similarly, the UTC has a strong preference not to encoding anything which isn't in actual use. Proposals to encode characters because they would be useful if encoded even though they aren't actually being used right now are generally looked on with disfavor.

    ¦b Apr 28, 2010 12:03 PM ®É¡A Uriah Eisenstein ¼g¨ì¡G