Re: Bengali Script

From: Tulasi (tulasird@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2010 - 17:51:31 CDT

    I am guessing you have your tongue firmly in your cheek :-')

    "Bengalese" may be "American" word not "English".
    I made another mistake. Haven't I ?
    see - http://east.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bengalese

    > Not Bengalian, or Bengalish, or Bengalic?

    "Bengalic" looks correct to me (both as per English / Sanskrit grammar)

    cycle <-> cyclic ; Bengal <-> Bengalic

    Sanskrit: dharma <-> dharmic ; karna <-> karmic ; abeg <-> abegic etc
    In Sanskrit though I do not use Bengal but use Banga, thus, Bangic
    looks okay ...

    So what do we do with all these names?
    Can't we ask Mark to use a lottery to pick one and go from there? ...

    Thanks,
    Tulasi