Re: CSUR Tonal

From: Luke-Jr (luke@dashjr.org)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2010 - 19:22:28 CDT

    On Sunday, July 18, 2010 06:30:25 pm Doug Ewell wrote:
    > Provide a graphical code chart in some popular format, such as GIF.

    GIF? Popular? Not since 1994 :p

    > Don't make your proposal rely on links to Wikipedia or to your personal
    > Web site in order for readers to see the glyphs.

    Uh... how else? The Tengwar proposal uses a link...

    For symbols representing units of measurement (eg, gallmill, gallton, gall,
    tongall, millgall), is it better to use TONAL COMBINING ???MILL etc, or
    individual TONAL SYMBOL FOR (or IDEOGRAPH) GALLMILL?

    Since Tonal digits are *always* "hexadecimal", should Ni (decimal 9) be
    encoded as TONAL DIGIT NINE or TONAL HEXADECIMAL DIGIT NINE?

    How much space (if any) should I reserve for Tonal music symbols? I am not
    very musical, and quite honestly don't comprehend that section at all-- not
    even enough to identify what various symbols might be needed.