Re: Bengali Script

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2010 - 09:10:33 CDT

    "Tulasi" <tulasird at gmail dot com> wrote:

    > Doug -->

    I'll answer this since it was directed to me.

    > Now have I given you enough clue how to discover what is causing this
    > phenomenal vowel pattern?

    Maybe, and I do find phonological shifts interesting, but this has
    nothing to do with the original discussion. Javier Sola had contended
    that only "Bangla," and never "Bengali," was the correct
    English-language name to use for that language. Many people on this
    list can easily see the phonological relationship between "Bangla" and
    "Bengali," or for that matter between "Kolkata" and "Calcutta."

    --
    Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­