Re: Pashto yeh characters

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2010 - 02:56:08 CDT

    "Persian and Urdu write [g] using a kaf character with a line above U+06AF,
    while Pashto uses kaf with a ring U+06AB. It really should be that simple."

    I seem to remember, that Persian used kaf with three dots above (like your
    Moroccan example) at least in the 19th century. No idea when they switched
    to the double-lined version. (and I can well imagine how the three dots
    would have merged to a line, thought this might as well not be the origin of
    that character).

    Szabolcs