Re: Most complete (free) Chinese font?

From: Leonardo Boiko (leoboiko@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2010 - 07:10:01 CDT

    When did I say there was something shameful about non-freeness? I only
    said, and I quote, that it’s not my thing. Since I run a free
    operating sytem, it can automatically download and manage free
    content, so it’s more convenient for _me_ to keep using free content.
    I manage about a thousand computers in a public university in Brazil,
    with little funding and plenty of bureaucracy. Dealing with custom
    licensing terms and ad-hoc downloading and manual installation is
    simply too inconvenient. It’s much simpler, for me, to stick to an
    automated system that guarantees freedom.

    As an author, you’re entitled to license your work to your heart’s
    content. Don’t take this as an accusation. As a sysadmin, I’m also
    entitled to not care about non-free stuff. I don’t think it’s
    shameful, I simply don’t use it.

    On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 08:11, Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com> wrote:
    > On 2 Aug 2010, at 11:57, Leonardo Boiko wrote:
    >
    >> Emphasis on “the only font _I know_”.  I didn’t know Andron nor Everson Mono.  Besides, while quality, both seem to be non-free, which is something I’m not interested in as a Debian user (nothing against it, it just isn’t my thing).
    >
    > Huh.
    >
    > Well, Leonardo, when I am independently wealthy, I'll be happy to give everything I do away for free. In the meantime, I find the the extremely occasional shareware fee I get to be a welcome affirmation that Everson Mono is appreciated.
    >
    > There is nothing shameful, or a shame, about "non-free" fonts.

    Leonardo Boiko
    http://namakajiri.net