RE: CSUR Tonal

From: CE Whitehead (cewcathar@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 20:30:12 CDT

    From: Luke-Jr (luke@dashjr.org)
    Date: Sun Aug 15 2010 - 15:17:53 CDT

    > About 2 weeks ago, the matter of whether Tonal digits 0-8 and 10
    > should be
    > encoded independently from U+0030..U+0039 was debated. I don't feel
    > there was
    > a clear consensus in the end. Even if you don't have time to
    > maintain CSUR at
    > the moment, could you please simply give your opinion/decision on
    > this matter
    > so people can begin using Tonal numbers in documents without risking a
    > change
    > to the standardized PUA usage? Specifically:
    > - Whether 0-8 should be encoded independent of U+0030..U+0038
    > - If not, whether 10 should be encoded independent of U+0039

    > Thanks,

    > Luke

    Hi! U039 is 9 not 10. So I don't see how it can be encoded as 10.
    (Doug did reply to you by the way:
    http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2010-m07/0264.html
    I can +1 his answer about whether or not an independent encoding of glyphs looking like 0030-0038 and 0039 is in order.)

    Sorry, I cannot be more helpful. (I admit I have not taken much time with this proposal but I'd go ahead with it.)

    Best,

    C. E. Whitehead
    cewcathar@hotmail.com