Re: square bullets added to unicode.

From: Mahesh T. Pai (paivakil@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 07:31:52 CST

    Peter Constable said on Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 05:22:49PM +0000,:

    > Your suggestion entails putting both a symbol-encoding and a
    > Unicode-encoding cmap into a font. I have no idea what different
    > software would do with that: some might recognize the Unicode
    > cmap, other software might pick the one that's listed first in
    > the font, other software might just reject the font.

    I thought this was a simple straigntforward matter; and would work
    always. Has anybody looked into these issues?

    And Peter, is this answer valid only for PUA <> encoding mapping?

    What I have in mind is a slightly different context - if a sequence is
    mapped to a single character, it is supposed to work always, right?

    --
    Mahesh T. Pai   ||
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.