Re: Localizable sentences (from Re: On the possibility of encoding webdings in Unicode)

From: Julian Bradfield (jcb+unicode@inf.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 05:52:05 CST

    On 2011-01-28, William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009@btinternet.com> wrote:
    > found. The plane 7 codepoint for a localizable sentence would be
    > like a primary key to a database. There would be no need for

    The one thing you have never explained is why this primary key should
    be a Unicode character, rather than simply numbering your sentences starting
    from zero and publishing that list of numbers.

    If this were my list, I'd have banned this topic by now...
    (Is that a useful localizable sentence? Is this?)

    Scotland, with registration number SC005336.