Re: Localizable sentences (from Re: On the possibility of encoding webdings in Unicode)

From: Ed (ed.trager@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2011 - 09:20:57 CST

  • Next message: Mark E. Shoulson: "Re: On the possibility of encoding some localizable sentences in plane 7 (from Re: On the possibility of encoding webdings in Unicode)"

    Alternatively the English speaker could take a one-month class in
    Italian, or purchase a set of Pimsleur CDs to listen to while driving
    to work, or purchased Rosetta Stone language-learning software, or
    hire an attractive Italian for private tutorials ...

    Hmmm ... personally I think that last idea makes the most sense :-)

    Google Translate is somewhat useful for certain language pairings, but
    it can also be quite awful. In any case, Google Translate is *much*
    more useful when one already has at least some knowledge of a foreign
    language and so can make an informed decision about whether the
    translation offered by Google is acceptable or just pure bunk.

    - Ed