Re: Assigning a plane for mapping digits for many different bases

From: Luke-Jr (luke@dashjr.org)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2011 - 08:14:07 CST

    Curiously, these symbols seem to be obsolete. From my reading yesterday, the
    Dozenal Society of America uses U+1D4CD for gek/ten, and U+2130 for el(even),
    while the British use a rotated '2' (equivalent to Tonal U+E9DE) and rotated
    '3' (U+E9DD) for the same.

    The American characters seem more logical for such a system, but it would be
    nice if U+1D4CD were on the BMP. Non-BMP characters seem to have significant
    usability problems.