RE: Quick survey of Apple symbol fonts (in context of the Wingding/Webding proposal)

From: Peter Constable <petercon_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 01:20:10 +0000

So you want to be able to discuss NBSP (say) in plain text. You can already do that; in fact, you have multiple ways that everybody here will have no difficulty understanding:

"NBSP"
"no-break space"
"U+00A0"

Creating a different character for SYMBOL FOR NBSP doesn't make communication here any easier; in fact, it would lead to confusion as to whether you are, in fact, meaning to refer to NBSP or to SYMBOL FOR NBSP.

Peter