RE: Continue: Glaring mistake in the code list for South Asian Script//Reply to Kent Karlsson

From: Erkki I Kolehmainen <eik_at_iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 22:55:40 +0300

Mr. Delex,

You should be aware of the fact that the script codes are governed by the ISO standard 15924 that is produced by the ISO Technical Committee 46. In the registry for that standard the alpha code Beng and the numeric code 375 constitute the script code for Bengali. It is only natural (I'd say mandatory) that the Unicode CLDR documentation refers to international standards where they exist rather than invent something new and contradictory.

Sincerely, Erkki I. Kolehmainen