Re: Noticed improvement in the Code chart link http://www.unicode.org/charts/

From: Benjamin M Scarborough <benjamin.scarborough_at_utdallas.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 12:35:02 -0500 (CDT)

On 2011.09.28 14:47, delex r wrote:
>"Complelling case"....... Pls let us be explained more about it ?

From my understanding, you would have to prove that there is a critical orthographic distinction between ক্ষ and ক্+ষ that is important to the language.

Please understand that just because ক্ষ isn't encoded as a single code point doesn't mean it's not present in Unicode. Nor is the situation of ক্ষ unique; there are plenty of letters in other scripts that must be encoded as a sequence of code points.

>Also pls inform how a " compelling case" may be made to Unicode to make them update the linked pdf file by replacing "BENGALI" s by "ASSAMESE"s at all appropriate places.

Not possible. Character and block names cannot be changed once they are assigned. It's two decades too late to make that change. The most that can be done now is adding a few annotations for Assamese.

—Ben Scarborough