Continue: Glaring mistake in the code list for South Asian Script / Naena Guru

From: delex r <delexr_at_indiatimes.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 14:44:20 +0530 (IST)

Naena Guru wrote:

>I have not read the entire thread of this conversation. It looks as if the debate has >reached a level of acrimony.
It is available since 1st week of September, 2011. Since 8th September,2011 to be exact. You may go through it and various responses counter responses .Thanks for your interest. “Acrimony” …. Probably not. I want to better call it a “sincere criticism”

> was abandoned because Indians could not come to a consensus. As a result, the rest >of Indian languages including Tamil and Singhala were not even taken up for >consideration.
I am an Indian. Are you too?

>Unicode had a different idea. The driving principle of Unicode was the Plain Text >idea. “Every letter of every language on earth would have its own proud code point >uniquely its own. [Imagine a time capsule when we go down in flames
Yes. I accept it was a good and proud idea of the present generation of mankind.
> Unicode will be there to tell about the great human civilization]!”
Ya , perhaps this is the reason I am so eagerly writing so that we (Unicode) record and tell the right and correct things to the future generations. If after an Armageddon , no computer is left in this world, there is a chance some written documents may survive so that they can start from scratch. “They should know that “Assamese” language is not written in “Bengali” script.” It is actually the other way round. That is just replace “Assamese” with “Bengali” and “Bengali” with “Assamese” in the above quotation.

>Now, Unicode wanted the help of ISO to get to the authorities of those countries >where government bureaucracies, not businesses mattered.
Our authorities actually recognized the uniqueness of the “Assamese” script with unique and extra characters. Check ISCII (Indian standard codes for Information……) documentation

>..If you know how Third World governments work, you know what I mean.
Lots of leg pulling among others

>The problem is that the Unicode scheme has divided the world and categorized scripts >as computer friendly and barbarian.
Well I am trying to tell Unicode that “Assamese” is not a barbarian language without a script.