combining: half, double, triple et cetera ad infinitum

From: QSJN 4 UKR <qsjn4ukr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:37:06 +0200

Why did the Unicode Consortium think that combination of one base
character and few combining is possible, and combination of few base
characters with one combining character is not?
E.g. U+0483 "tilda" has to cover a number. Whole number! Not one
figure!! What for have we it, if we can't use it right way?
Half combining marks are about decision... And what if we deal not
with simple horizontal line? what if we need the same "tilda" above
number or "titlo" above abbreviation? Text with numbers and
abbreviations is not a plane text?
Idea (bad as I think, but there is many other stupid things in
Unicode): add some new combining characters of new ccc = word-above,
word-below, word-over (ZWS works as word separator if needed).