Re: combining: half, double, triple et cetera ad infinitum

From: Naena Guru <naenaguru_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:30:40 -0600

Unicode was created for a commercial reason, particularly for the benefit
of its directors. The idea of Plain Text is not anything practical but was
used as a means of attracting supporters, who for the most part hadn't had
any experience with computers.

The following line is Unicode text:
මේ අකුරු ලියා ඇත්තේ යුනිකෝඩ් අකුරෙනි.

I bet most of you see it as a row of Character-not-found glyph. Some would
see it in the non-Latin script, but yet separated into meaningless
components that go to make letters.

So, the headache you are talking about within Latin becomes a tumor that
makes you insane when outside the SBCS.