Re: CLDR and ICU

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 02:19:51 +0100

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:01:53 -0700
"Steven R. Loomis" <srl_at_icu-project.org> wrote:

> May I ask if you have a specific example in mind? Is the U in ICU
> misleading somehow, or CLDR recommending a policy for plain text?

I had no examples of untrue or misleading statements about Unicode standards and ICU in mind.

I believe the plain text example was hyperbole. There is an issue
resulting from the use of non-characters in CLDR root collation, and as
you seem unaware of it, I have raised the matter as
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/5115 . I fear there may be a
practical reason for the forbidden behaviour, so fixing the issue may
well end up being deferred to allow CLDR users time to improve their
compliance with the LDML specification.

Richard.