Re: full-width Latin missing from confusables data

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:40:48 +0200

For the confusables, the presumption is that implementations have already
either normalized the input to NFKC or have rejected input that is not
NFKC.

More broadly, in gathering data the main emphasis is on characters that fit
the profile in http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39/#Identifier_Characters,
including scripts like Cyrillic (
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr31/#Table_Recommended_Scripts). So while
we do add characters outside of that, there has been no concerted effort to
do so.

In particular, in your identifiers you should not allow scripts like
Buginese (
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr31/#Table_Candidate_Characters_for_Exclusion_from_Identifiers)
or
Lisu (http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr31/#Table_Limited_Use_Scripts)
without recognizing that the confusable data will be sketchy for those.

It would probably be worth clarifying this in the text of
http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39/#Identifier_Characters. There is an
upcoming UTC meeting at the start of Nov., so if you want to suggest that
or any other improvements, you should use the
http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html.

Mark <https://plus.google.com/114199149796022210033>
*
*