Fixing the sort order of the SignWriting symbols in Unicode 8

From: Stephen E Slevinski Jr <slevin_at_signpuddle.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:38:55 -0600

Hi Unicode list,

I am concerned that the SignWriting symbols as defined in Unicode 8 do
not sort properly. Making "_fill 1_" and "_rotation 1_" inherent values
causes sorting problems.

Without inherent values for "_fill 1_" and "_rotation 1_", the symbols
sort properly. Consider these symbols in the correct sort order.

symbol - fill 1 - rotation 1
symbol - fill 1 - rotation 2
symbol - fill 2 - rotation 1
symbol - fill 2 - rotation 2

When "_fill 1_" and "_rotation 1_" are inherent, the symbols above have
shorter names that sort incorrectly.

symbol
symbol - rotation 2
symbol - fill 2
symbol - fill 2 - rotation 2

With the above list, "*symbol - fill 2*" will sort before "*symbol -
rotation 2*". This is incorrect.

I believe it would fix sorting by setting the weights in the "DUCET"
table so that rotations sort before fills. If this addition was made,
the SignWriting symbols in Unicode 8 should sort properly.

Regards,
∼Steve