Re: Fixing the sort order of the SignWriting symbols in Unicode 8

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:38:05 +0100

Just an adjustment of weights, so that "rotation" weights are lower than
"fill" weights. The inherent "fill 1" and "rotation 1" can be kept.
This is similar to the collation for case insensitive sorts that preserve
the difference of diacritics, or sorts that swap these levels (all you have
to do is to swap arithmetically the ranges of weights by a simple offset)

The DUCET seems to have given small level to to rotation variants by
assigning them higher ranges so that they take prority over fil variants,
and you'd like the reverse : this a basic tailoring, and not a problem of
inherent values, where "fill 1" and "rotation 1" are made ignorable ni all
levels (except the last implicit level on the code points in NFD form, then
the optional implicit level on original code points in any non normalized
form)